Personal Protective Equipment, also known as PPE, is equipment and clothing that is used to protect you from workplace hazards. When job hazards cannot be eliminated through the use of engineering and administrative controls, OSHA requires the use of PPE to minimize employee exposure. PPE is required for a number of tasks that employees must perform in cemeteries and funeral homes. This program includes important information on:
- What PPE is
- When and why you need to use it.
- The types PPE are available and the purpose of each
- What PPE can and cannot do to protect you
- Selecting and maintaining PPE
- What you need to know before using PPE at your job