Excavations and trenching are amongst the most dangerous occupational hazards, but taking basic precautions can prevent accidents and save lives. OSHA has strict regulations for those working in and around graves and other excavations. This training program provides information on the hazards that cemetery professionals face, including important information on:
- Potential hazards of excavations
- Precautions that must be taken when working in and around excavations
- How depth of cut, soil type, weather and other factors affect safety requirements
- Safety issues regarding memorial stones
- Safe lifting of furniture, caskets, and other heavy objects common to cemeteries.